Saturday, July 18, 2009

Awesome Experience, Special Day - July 18, 2009






Yes, we are a motley crew, but the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Nevis are growing! Today, the newest member of our branch was baptized. I'm proud to say that it was my good friend and neighbor Mickey Singh. It all happened this morning at Pinney's Beach, on Saturday, July 18, 2009 at around 8 a.m. Mickey asked me to baptize him. I was sincerely humbled and honored. I love Mickey like a brother, and I know that we will be life long friends.

Pictured here at the far left is Sister Allen, the Relief Society President, next to her is her adorable grand-daughter Alecia, but she likes to go by Leesy, behind her is the hamburger loving Elder Dixon from Longview, Texas, then in the middle is Mickey, and Elder Ted Murdock from Salt Lake City Utah is behind him, and I'm next to Mickey, then the Beautiful Sister Murdock is next to me, and then stoic Elder Hadley from California / Utah is at the far right. Becky and Mia are taking the pictures.

Here is a picture of Elder Dixon, Micky, Me, and Elder Hadley...notice the sailboats in the background...it was a beautiful morning. (Nice shot Becky! xoxoo)

Here are some more shots of me and Mickey.

I'll have to say that the gospel of Jesus Christ has brought so much happiness into my life. Because of it I have a wonderful marriage, a beautiful daughter, and I get to associate with some of the best people in the world. When I was pondering all that I have to be grateful for, and seeing the hand of Heavenly Father in my life, and in the life of my family and friends, I became a bit emotional and realized that my cup of joy has been overfilled.

I really hope that all of my friends, and family, and those that I have associated with will know that I am proud to say that I am a practicing Latter-Day Saint...maybe I need to practice a little harder at times, but I am proud to say that I am a Mormon. I hold my testimony dear to my heart. I want you all to know, that I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God, and that we have a true and living prophet on the earth today in President Thomas S. Monson. I know that Jesus Christ lives, and that He atoned for our sins. The gospel of Jesus Christ has brought so much true happiness in my life, and I know that true happiness, really true happiness, is found only in living the principles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I hope you all check it out.

love,
Dave

8 comments:

Jaymie and Donna Jones said...

What an awsome experiance. Thanks for sharing!

The Filhart Family said...

Very cool Dave. Congrats! You are sure a great example to me as I prepare to start nursing school. Thanks for all you do!

Kerstin said...

That's so awesome.

Michelle and Taeven Thompson said...

Very sweet.. Good for you, dave.

Jedd A. Diah said...

Powerful Post Dave--There is no greater life than that of Jesus Christ. We truly 'live the life' when we live like Him--Keep it up!

The Thompson's said...

That's awesome Dave! Those look like pictures a missionary would take while on their mission! And I'm sure those missionaries (Elder Dixon and Elder Hadley) did take pics. Way to spread the gospel!!!!

Jacqui said...

What a great experience. Thanks for sharing your testimony with us it is very uplifting!

Jacqui said...

What a great experience. Thanks for sharing your testimony with us it is very uplifting!