Saturday, April 10, 2010

St. Kitts Saturday

I've decided to start a new feature of our blog. There are so many different, funny, and interesting things to see and experience in St. Kitts, that I find myself telling friends and family back home " You'd have to see it to believe it!" So every Saturday, I'm going to post something unique to our everyday experiences in St. Kitts.




A few weeks ago, I was on the other side of the island and looked toward the volcano. There was smoke rising and covering a lot of the island. As I drove closer to home (and toward the mountain), I quickly realized that they were just burning the sugarcane fields. So in this case, you just carefully drive home, close all your windows to keep the smoke out, relax, and let the fire department worry about flames that get out of control!


3 comments:

amyegodfrey said...

Scary driving! The road would be blocked if that happened here.

abby said...

oh, i love this idea. that smoke was seriously crazy!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for your next installment. Amye G