Friday, August 15, 2008

Come on, Mia



So every new parent feels the pain of sleep deprivation. You never know when you're going to get it...and you definitely DON'T get it when you want it. So Mia has determined her own schedule-and what Mia wants, Mia gets. (For now anyway). So she likes to sleep in...big time. Usually at least until 9:oo or 10:00, and sometimes until 11:00. Now this is frustrating for a few reasons.
1. She likes to wake up for a early morning snack way before I'm ready to get up, so I just pull her into bed with us and coax her back to sleep while she nurses. She usually goofs around, talks, babbles, and razzes (that wet hissing noise). She will then proceed to hit, bump, and kick me as I'm trying desperately to get a few more seconds of sleep in. Mia-1 Mommy-0
2. Right around the time I finally give up on anymore sleep and start to wake up and get going with the day, she inevitably decides to fall back asleep. Mia-2 Mommy-0
3. Now I'm lying awake in bed with Dave snoring and Mia pressed right up against me passed out. The room is blazing hot (our bedroom is on the East side of the house) and I'm annoyed. Mia (and Dave for that matter)-3 Mommy-still 0
4. I am now up and going, but several of my friends like to do stuff in the morning...but when I wake Mia up to go and meet up, she usually doesn't take a nap. So do I go have fun and sacrifice any time to get stuff done around my house, or just let her sleep? Mia-4 Mommy-0
Who's in charge around here?

9 comments:

. . . . . . . . . said...

Ah, the baby sleep dilemma. Good thing she's so darn cute or it might be more difficult to be on the loosing side of that match.

Tuihalalalala said...

Mia is definitely the Boss for a long while......lol at the hubb and baby snoring, while mom is painfully awake from being awakened. and HELL-O Why did God give mom the "protective" sensors for baby. We had to make the baby now we gotta wake for the baby?...I think the Men should have got the mothers wake up sensors...I know they are like working because I used to sleep like a rock, before I had babies. Sometimes, I have this terrible idea that the men wake up too... and they get really good at faking the Snore, so they can get out of waking time. So 2 babies and 1 mom....equals NO sleep ever.

The Turner Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Turner Family said...

Dave,

Your snoring is causing the room on the east side of the house to heat up. Knock it off man!!!

Go sleep in another room so you aren't woken up by all that stuff going on in your bedrroom.

Adrian

Mia dads of the world unite!

Kerstin said...

I feel your pain! Just when I think I have figured out a good time to work out, one sleeps in late, wakes up early, doesn't nap, etc etc! It's nuts!

Julie and Todd said...

Don't expect anything to change anytime soon! And Liam just dumped a huge box of paperclips all over the office floor....bye.

Raina said...

Good luck! Luckily it gets easier! My baby took until he was 7 month old.
Hey Becky nice to meet you!

The Moore Family said...

Becky- I found you via Brianne's blog!! Baby Mia is beautiful!! I am so sorry I miss the baby shower- we had a hundred things going on and I missed out. What an angel!!! I miss you! I love the name- would have picked it myself if it didn't sound retarted with Moore. Come visit my blog. I can't wait to read the rest of your posts so I can feel I am part of your special life!

The Moore Family said...

Becky- I found you via Brianne's blog!! Baby Mia is beautiful!! I am so sorry I miss the baby shower- we had a hundred things going on and I missed out. What an angel!!! I miss you! I love the name- would have picked it myself if it didn't sound retarted with Moore. Come visit my blog. I can't wait to read the rest of your posts so I can feel I am part of your special life!