Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Book Boat...

I'm just a mere 3 months late on this post. No biggie.
The "Logos Hope" Boat a.k.a. "The Book Boat" docked in St. Kitts for a few days back in April. It was pretty exciting around here.
It is a boat that is funded and operated by a Christian organization and brings books and such at great prices to developing countries. I was extremely impressed by their operation.

The people that work on the boat are from all over the world and they give up two years of their lives to travel and support this cause...without pay. Sounds pretty familiar...

It was very, very busy!!! Dave, Mia, and I met some friends Saturday to take a boat tour and check out the book shop...and eat some delicious soft serve ice cream. It was divine. There is no where to get that here...I liked it so much that I dragged Beth and Damon along with me the next Monday to get more ice cream..uh I mean books.

It was a little unlucky...that was the major field trip day for the local schools and it was PACKED. And I mean PACKED...
Beth and I were trying to enjoy our ice cream, when this cute bunch of kids came over and asked us if we were the face painting station. Huh?
No...we were just two girls that were skipping our morning workout to come pig out on ice cream instead.
They sure loved Mia and Damon though...

1 comment:

Allred Fam said...

I just read this post, and it's making me laugh....

good times!