Sunday, July 25, 2010

While the Hubbies are away...we PLAY!!!

Beth and I love to try and find any excuse to play...especially because we knew she'd be heading home for the summer and I'd be right behind her not much after. Our husbands love to tease us about our projects and outings. Maybe it's because we don't get anything done around our own houses when we're together, but I think it may be because they are secretly jealous of our fun.

We took Mia and Damon around the island and hit a few "must see" spots...

First was Romney Manor. It was once owned by Thomas Jefferson's great-great-great grandfather. The grounds were amazing, and it was fun to explore...


Romney Manor is home to "Caribelle Batik," where beautiful clothing and fabric is made by a lengthly process of using wax to dye the fabric. It was so impressive that I couldn't resist getting Mia a little purple Batik dress. It was well worth it, she looks adorable in it!






Mia was so impressed with it all that she figured she'd run around the store and not listen to me. I decided it was time for a regroup (a.k.a.) time-out.


Here is the bell tower that was used to call the slaves in from working...







As we were heading out...we had to make sure to avoid running over a guy that was taking a break in the shade of the street...



Our next stop was Rawlins Plantation. We wanted to have a quick picnic with the kids and head to the art studio that is on the property. Again...another fabulous, tranquil part of the island.




Here's our little Mia and Damon. If we have our way, they will get married one day and we'll have all these fabulous pictures of when they were 2 years old and in love.



4 comments:

Our Paper Plates said...

Oh I love it! It makes me what to live on an island. Wouldn't that be the cutest if they DID get married?! Hope you feeling and doing well! Lots of love! xoxoxo - The Burner family

The Filhart Family said...

I can't believe how beautiful it is there! I'm stuck here in the horrible summer desert and really wishing I were there with you on that beautiful green island.

Lauren said...

Becks! It's me your cousin. Don't tell me you've forgotten about me. I'm so excited to hear about baby #2 on the way, you look great. I'm glad to see you're living it up caribbean style but I wish for you to come back to the mainland soon!

ps. I love the regroup shot.

Cristina HW said...

Beautiful pictures!! I can't wait to see you! xoxo cristina