Monday, August 15, 2011

You talk to Daddy...I'll talk to Bear

The weather here in the last week has been awesome. Amazing. Totally redeeming, considering we lived in a sauna of 110 degree weather for the last two months. The extreme heat welcomed both of our families visiting throughout the summer with nothing to do but sit in our teeny house looking at each other because it was too hot outside to even step out the door.

Last night we went for a walk around the lake/golf course to take advantage of Illinois' sudden change of weather-heart, then decided to enjoy more of the weather by taking a drive to a near by lake with the windows DOWN [in August!]. gasp.

Dave and I were trying to have a lovely conversation...but kept finding ourselves being constantly interrupted by Mia. I finally told her that I was talking to Daddy and to patiently wait while we finish our conversation. She replied by ordering me to "talk to Daddy and I'll talk to Bear" [a.k.a. Kainoa]. She then turns to Kainoa and says, "Hi Bear!" Then a milli-second later she interrupts/says..."Mommy? Isn't Kainoa Bear sooooo cute?!"

So much for having a fluent conversation with an adult ever again for me. Good thing she's just as cute herself. Here are a few of her latest and greatest...

Made herself sick all day (fever included) from playing too hard when her cousins came to visit...

Playing with sidewalk chalk in the pool = turning into "paint" = getting it all over herself (without realizing it)...only to know what she looked like after she looked at the pics I was taking...


Modeling Daddy's hair-styling skills for me after bath time...


Staying true to her one-and-only love...CHOCOLATE!!!!


Life gets better and better, doesn't it? (Especially with fuzzy purple slippers, man.)

1 comment:

Brantonians said...

crazy! I can remember when this precious little girl was in your tummy! Ooooh how quickly time flies! She is a-mazing.