Thursday, February 19, 2009

There's still some cowboys out there

Last weekend my sister Heather got engaged to her sweetheart Shaman. He is a sweet, kind, fun guy that will fit in beautifully with our family. Our family actually met his family in 1991 while stationed in Hawaii!
Anyway...my favorite part about their engagement story is actually from the night before they were engaged. Shaman drove over to my parent's house to talk to them and ask permission to marry Heather. He was so dazed (as MOST men are when they are going through this weighty process of proposing) that he didn't pay attention to his speed as he left my parents and headed to Heather's house. While driving through a little town that pulls you over for literally going 1 or 2 miles over the 30 mph speed limit, there was no hope for Shaman as he raced to Heather's going 50 mph. The cop did his cop thing and finally came back to Shaman's car to hand him his ticket. As he did so, Shaman profusely apologized and said, "I'm really sorry officer. I just got done talking to my girlfriend's parents about us getting married and I'm proposing tomorrow." With that, the cop said, "Well in that case..." and tore up the ticket. That's good stuff.

4 comments:

Kerstin said...

Yeah! I'm so excited for them!!

That's not the whole story though, not only was he speeding, but his registration was expired and so was his insurance! Lucky day!!

Our Paper Plates said...

He is one lucky man - with the ticket and marrying into your family! :)

The Moore Family said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David G. Filhart (a.k.a. the Davey Baby) said...

It's good to know I'm not the only cowboy left out there.