Friday, June 19, 2009

Little Mia-isms

Mia sure does a lot of crazy stuff. Well, let's be honest. Dave and I are both a little weird and quirky, so she definitely got a little from each of us. Her little personality grows each day, and we are learning a lot about who this little spirit that has joined our family really is:
1. She is very independent, yet she knows when she needs help and is glad to accept it. She finds joy in doing things by herself, but with her cute littleness and not-so-strong-yet muscles, she is happy to accept help when she discovers she "can't do it." I'm happy for that, it still makes me feel needed although she is growing WAY too fast...
2. She is the most destructive baby I've ever met. She has torn apart countless books, the foam puzzle ABC mat on her floor is in a huge heap in her room because she tears it apart every time I put it back together, she empties every drawer, cabinet, shelf she can and trickles the contents all over the house setting up perfect tripping opportunities for her clumsy mom...I could go on and on. Oh...I've tried to sing the Barney "clean-up" song over and over demonstrating how to put things back, but she just stands and laughs and claps her hands...and then promptly comes and fights me to mess everything up again. I'll keep trying...aaaahhhh.
3. She is GIRL through and through. She has a little pink purse she carries around the house, she loves finding play jewelry around the house to wear, she is obsessed with my wedding ring and watch, she LOVES to watch me put my makeup on...but she still hates her hair being up. For the record...I put her hair up every morning, but she pulls it out at some point every day. Huh.
4. She is the messiest little girl I've ever met. She loves to get dirty. Here she is at beach day with our friends. I didn't put a swimsuit on her, and I should have. I know better. She loves the water, the sand, and the beach critters, the sand doesn't bother her at all. She gets covered in it, rolls around in it, and doesn't care. She sat with our friend Hailey forever playing with the sand dollars they collected from the water.
5. She loves music. Whenever there is music on, she's dancing, clapping, stomping, or trying to help play if it's Dave on the guitar. She'll climb all over him and do whatever it takes to get right in there to help out.

We love our little Mia and can't believe we were so lucky to get her in our family.

1 comment:

Our Paper Plates said...

Oh my goodness! Look how she has grown! She's not a baby anymore!! How fun to see your baby create their own personality. We love the Filharts!

P.S. My sister and bro-in-law love the place! Thanks for leaving it in such good condition for them!!!