Thursday, June 4, 2009

Nevis Botanical Gardens


Last week, our "mother's club" here went on an outing to the Botanical Gardens by Montpelier. We decided to go have some fun while the boys were working hard in school. It was fabulous, and I highly recommend it.


The gardens are impeccable, and the restaurant is beautiful and relaxing. We went right during Mia's nap time, which I haven't done in a long time, but she did really well surprisingly. She fits right in with girl's day out.


This is at the restaurant in the gardens. Mia thought these windows were the coolest. Poor thing...she is always so sweaty here. As you may have noticed...not too many pics of me. I always have my hair back and a nice film of sweat and dirt on my face at all times. I'll just let your imagination think that I am a beautiful island goddess.


Here is Mia showing off. We were all standing around clapping, laughing, buzzing, and doing anything we could do get her to smile and pose, and she decided to conduct music instead I guess.

It was a fanastic day. Luckily, Mia didn't get lost in the maze of garden boxes. This is one of the three locations they hold graduation for MUA when Dave finishes.


This is from the "autograph" tree. You take a little stick and write whatever you want. I liked this leaf the best though...

6 comments:

The Moore Family said...

Beautiful Bec!! It certainly looks like paradise, sorry it has its downs. We miss you - even though we didn't see you too much, it was just nice knowing you were close.

On a side note, how cute is Mia in that outfit and ruby red slippers? Cute!

M.M.M. said...

I have dirt and sweat on my face all the time too. And food particles sometimes too.
In fact, I was contemplating today how I think I have officially let myself go since I have not worn make up, put on real clothes, or sufficiently combed my hair in 2 weeks. And I have no excuse except that I am lazy and hot. So today I took a shower and I am turning over a new leaf. Will you please write that on one of the leaves? "Melissa is not smelly and ugly anymore because she is turning over a new leaf." You might need 2 leaves for that.
Thanks.

Jodiane said...

Very cute post, Mia is awesome...and you dress her so cute. And for the record you look like a beautiful island goddess in that one pic... what a fun adventure for you guys. love it.

Brantonians said...

OH, Becky, the pictures are stunning! As I am reading your blog, I'm am wondering, is there anything you need? If I shipped you something, what would be a special treat? A loaf of bread? A bag of tortillas? A Hershey Bar? Think about it and let me know! I miss you!

Our Paper Plates said...

Look at you little social bugs! I love it! And don't worry - the humidity makes women "glow"..only icky men sweat. I remember coming home from walking dirt streets in Argentina and watching the dirt go down the drain as I washed my face. Gross - but it actually helped my complexion. Go figure. You guys look great!!

Our Paper Plates said...

p.s. Can I steal (ok - borrow for a very long time) your leaf picture for my blog? I love it!