Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Gardens and Primary

We were thrilled to finally plant our garden here in St. Kitts! Luckily, we have a private balcony far away from animals that we can safely keep our garden treasures.

First we had to go to the local "Home Depot," or in St. Kitts...Horsford's Building Center.



We knew we had to make it a family affair, so Dave and Mia did the dirty work, while I chilled and took pictures. Guess I wasn't in the mood to plant a garden that day.









We went well into nap time due to the fact that we started planting the garden around 1:00 pm. Mia was definitely ready for a bath and a nap when we were through.

After no time, we had the finished product! We have two things of lettuce, some spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, and jalapeno peppers. We can't wait for fresh produce!!!!



In other news, I was called to work with the Primary children at church right after we moved to St. Kitts. We have a very cute and fun bunch of kids that, well, I've already fallen in love with. There's something about working with kids that speaks to my soul. For so many years I had my little classroom filled with 24-32 kids that called me their teacher. I loved it. It was my dream job.

When I had little Mimi, Dave and I decided that it was time for my love of teaching to move from the classroom to our home. I am blessed beyond belief to be able to continue to teach children even though I am not a professional teacher anymore. We are learning about how much Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us, and how to Choose The Right. They each got "CTR" rings the first Sunday of the year to remind them to make right choices. They are the highlight of my week!!!

Isn't this a beautiful picture?


3 comments:

Heather Schoen Morris said...

hey Becky! cool picture...you should submit it to the Friend!!! love you xoxo Heather

Our Paper Plates said...

I love Primary! Simple gospel truths speak so plainly to our hearts - out of the mouth of babes, right? Great job on growing a garden! :)

Vagabond Mother said...

Ah, I love seeing Raymond's little hand in that group.