Saturday, October 25, 2008

Two Roads


With 12 weeks to go until Dave takes the MCAT, we can now register for the test. Dave gets major anxiety with this whole thing, so he comes and plops down on the couch tonight after I put Mia to bed and sighs a big sigh. I look over at him and he says "Well this is it. This is the deciding factor. I'll either be playing golf with the Senator or hanging at the bowling alley on Friday nights. " I am completely confused as I am sitting looking at my disgusting outfit that is covered in Mia-ness (i.e. rice crackers, baby food, slobber, and who knows what else) thinking "Oh crap, he's been talking for a long time and I had no idea he was even in here. I'm exhausted." I then ask him what the heck he's talking about and he mentions the MCAT and how our lives will hopefully be changing in the next few years. I just thought it was so adorable how his mind works and how he expresses himself. I feel so lucky to married to a great guy that is fun, lively, and tries to make me smile and laugh everyday. I love you sweetie, you're going to do AMAZING on the test!!! I know you can do it!

4 comments:

Raina said...

Good Luck, Dave! I feel for you, that is tough. But you will do fabulous!!!!

The Moore Family said...

He will do great- we are well acquainted with the anxiety that comes with crunch time. I am excited for him to take it, I am sure he will do great and I am hopeful that he will be at Midwestern next year and you will be living next door!!! Here's hoping!

Angela said...

Yeah, Dave!!!! You can DOOOOOOOO this! If I can then you definitly can. Tip: I swear the anxiety is worse than the test. Just practice practice practice so you aren't nervous. YOU ROCK!!!!!!

Angela said...

And then when its all done you can come to Tulane Medical School with me! I have an "in" now that I'm chummy with everybody!!!!