Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Mimi's 1st Art Show -SLC Oct. 10th, 2008

*
*
*

On Oct. 10th, 2008, Me, Beckster, and Mimi flew up to Salt Lake City, Ut., for my buddy Jon Baker's 1st exclusive showing of his work, at the Momentum Cafe. Jon is not only one of my bestest hommies, he is also a very capable,


up and coming Low-Brow artist. As you can see from his work, it will trip you out (with or without ingesting additional chemicals/stimulants)!!! Needless to say, we had a blast! We ran into the Chris, Beth, and Baby Sophia (Don't mess with me, my Daddy's a lawyer and will Sue your butt), Jones Family


(C., is my hommie, and whether he admits it or not one of my best friends), The Holly and Quinton "I'm going to Austraila in a month" McKell's,


and the possibly Soon to be Dave and Allie Allen Family (Ooh Hoo Hoo)!!!?! It was cool, the Momentum Cafe, (where the show was held), is inside of REI- and therein one could find an indoor rock climbing gym, with coffee shop babes serving raspberry hot chocolate (heaven) and everything!! Also featured that evening was a band - we were hoping they would be a screamo band influenced by devo and metallica (for mocking/comedy/entertainment purposes), but we had no such luck...they were actually a good band!! Before the show, Me, Becks and Mia went to Temple Square and met some


sweet sisters from Philippines, and New Zealand, and we took a tour of the Conference Center...maybe our little Mimi will go on a mission someday!!
We also got to stop in to see Robster and Kaelene family, sans Bobby Boy, but we saw all of the nieces and nephews, so that was cool.

One thing that we will have to say, is that although we had fun in Utah, we felt this eerie vibe there (not cool), and we were very irritated with all of the greedy drivers, I mean, that place spooked us out! Needless to say, we were glad to be the heck out of that state and proud to be living in AZ!! Does anyone out there know what I'm talking about? I don't mean to offend anyone from Utah, but if I did... (I'm actually not really too worried about it, because there isn't anyone from Utah that can kick my butt).

We love you all,

Love, Dave, Beck, and Mimi

p.s. The first painting of the guy and the girl, is a painting that Jon made for us as our wedding present. Thanks Jon!!! We love you...and keep killing it, bro!!! xoxo-Dave, Becky, and Baby Mia

3 comments:

The Moore Family said...

what fun art work, I am glad you had a great time.

Raina said...

That is awesome that he painted that for you as a present! That has BFF material all over that. I am excited for Dave if the rumor is true!

Rebecca said...

Love the new pics...especially the new one of Becky and Mia!! You guys definitely need to take some pics of Mia in her Halloween costume. Can't wait to see them. ;-)) OH and what's this about you taking the MCAT?! That is AWESOME!!! We wish you lots of luck!!!! Have a great rest of the week!!! ((hugs)), Rebecca and Zachary