Monday, May 11, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Here are a few pictures of what we look at and experience on an everyday basis now in Nevis. This is our new home. We have the basement apartment. It is a yellow and pink dream...


This is the view from our front gate looking North to the Beach. It is about a 5 minute walk, and fortunately we are on the Caribbean side of the island, so the sand is soft and the water is calm...we like to take Mimi down after dinner for a sunset stroll on the beach.


This is the view from our front gate looking South to Mt. Nevis. Nevis is derived from the Spanish, Nuestra SeƱora de las Nieves (which means Our Lady of the Snows). There is almost always a puff of clouds around the peak of the island.



This is the Med 1 classroom where Dave spends most of his day until Anatomy lab. If you look through the windows, you will see nothing but water. It is an incredible view!


This is one of the balconies off the classroom. It is a great "break room" if you ask me!



4 comments:

Our Paper Plates said...

Me likey island living already! I am so jealous :) Bring back a seashell for me!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you blog. This is amazing to know a little bit about what your family is experiencing in Nevis. How unforgetable. I love the info. :)

Jedd A. Diah said...

Keep 'living (creating & sharing) the dream'! Plus take a few dips for me.

Great to see all you are doing!

Jen Heward said...

It looks gorgeous! It reminds me of my mission to the Dominican Republic (same general area) so I am so jealous. I hope you really enjoy your time there- what an experience you get to have.