Tuesday, May 5, 2009

She's obsessed



Years ago we were at my brother Rob's house hanging out. My little niece Megan was wondering around the house talking on her toy cell phone. Dave asked her who she was talking to, and she said matter-of-factly-you-should-know-duh "I'm talking to my cell phone." We should have known. Ya. Well Mia is following in those same footsteps as her cousin and is obsessed with sunglasses and cell phones. She wants to wear my sunglasses any chance she gets, and if she has her way, she's holding, playing with, and calling China on my cell phone. We had to disconnect service from AT&T because they don't provide service down here, and so Mia's in heaven now using my old cell phone whenever she wants. She'll walk around the house holding it on her shoulder talking and talking away. If she can reach me, she'll put it up to my ear to have me talk and laugh pretending to talk on the phone too. She is too much.


I feel so lucky that I get to stay home with her. It is the best decision I have ever made...ever. Don't get me wrong...this is by far the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, yet I can't imagine having someone else take care of her and enjoy all of her cuteness while I went to work or did something that took me away from her at such an incredible time in her life that will be a flash. Not for a second. The sacrifice would be way too great and I would miss out on so much. She will be in school in no time, friends soon after, and off involved and busy like that and I'd wonder why I didn't make sure I could have her all to myself while I had the chance. I am grateful!

No comments: