Saturday, January 23, 2010

Blast from the Past

As laundry, primary, schoolwork, and housecleaning all wait to be done...I have chosen to slack big time in every department this week. Who knows why. I found myself jumping at every invitation to do something with friends this week, along with every opportunity to take a nap or go to sleep early.
Well...here's another time-waster. Going through old pics and files for fun. I came across these videos that Dave put together years ago. Funny to go back now and relive some of the memories!

This one documented his trip with his Mom to Chau Doc, Vietnam a few months before we got engaged. He was gone for a whole month and missed my birthday and Valentine's Day. It was sad. Well...I was sad. He was living it up in Vietnam. He did come back and realize that he couldn't live without me, and that after only 2 1/2 short years of dating, maybe it was time for us to get engaged.






Here's Dave at the House of Blues in Vegas with our friend Eddie (that we just saw in Austin over the break). That trip was a blast for real.



This last one is just for fun. It's our first anniversary trip we took to Portland, Oregon. We stayed on a floating house in the Columbia River. It was a spectacular weekend, and I noticed something watching it...I'm wearing...THAT SWEATSHIRT. Weird.

1 comment:

Allred Fam said...

(in order to keep my own aganda safe) I don't think that hanging out with friends, working out! is one of those time wasters....

we all have certain times in our life, for whatever reason, that by necessity we do all the basics and the rest must wait for a season....

that was deep.