Sunday, January 10, 2010

Break Part I

Is that a great view or what???!!!!???


Not that we aren't incredibly blessed to be chasing Dave's doctor dreams on a gorgeous island, but plane + us = HOME!!! And there's no place like it. We headed out of the Friday afternoon flight for our much anticipated trip off the island for Christmas and New Years.
Mia decided that she was going to help with the final touches of our trip by modeling.



Then she decided she could be of more help by walking around with her hands in her pockets. I sure can't complain about having to do it all around this house!

Our taxi driver was supposed to be at our house at 1:00 pm to take us to the airport, and in true island style, she was nowhere to be found. At 1:20, Dave started frantically calling all over to try and get a ride or another taxi.

I am the one usually freaking out a little with travel, and he is the more reserved, calm one. This rattled me a little. He was seriously freaking out. He called another taxi driver, (and anyone and everyone in our branch looking for a ride) and wouldn't you know it, as soon as the new taxi driver pulls in, right behind him is the driver that was supposed to be at our house at 1:00. I asked Dave why he was freaking out, and he said it was because he didn't want ANYTHING to prevent us from leaving the island TODAY!!!!! He was just a little ready to get home...
(side note: Wouldn't you know it...we came within nano-inches of a major head-on collision in our taxi on the way to the airport. Good thing it was just nano-inches and not a real accident). Man I love this island....

2 comments:

Cristina HW said...

i am LOVING those adorable pig tails! hurry and move back already! say hi to the crucians for me if you're ever there! hahahah they were SO friendly in st. croix, on our honeymoon. sarcasm. actually it was our taxi driver who took us back to the airport who was the most friendly. the one that was supposed to pick us up when we 1st arrived...never showed. hahahah

M.M.M. said...

Hey Chloe has that outfit. She wore it when she was one. I love that outfit. "Woot woot!" Jk. I hate that phrase too. I think I hate any written phrases of exclamation cause I think, what is the point? You know like:
"We were excited. yeah!"
It is like you already said you were excited, why say "yeah!"