Tuesday, November 23, 2010

19 Months Down...1 to go


Remember this post? Switch that around, and now we're really almost DONE with what I like to call the" Island Phase" of Dave's nightmare...I mean dream.

I read that post now and just laugh. Laugh at my ignorance, laugh at my optimism for island life, and I am amazed at just how far we've made it. We've moved past the "scary oven," we both now kill bugs with our bare hands (no joke), and we have no problem filling up our time with school, kids, beach, and friends.

Dave said the other day that this is nothing short of a miracle. And he's right. Not that we haven't done some creative moves and shakes in the last 19 months to keep things rollin', but I am impressed that Dave hasn't given up on becoming a doctor. He wants it. Really bad. And the road to MD is really really hard..for both of us.

So a month from today, on December 23rd we'll fly outta here for the last time. We're excited and anxious about our next adventure, and after all these 19 months, we find ourselves strangely sad too. Sad to leave our good good friends, and sad to leave the pristine secluded beaches we've looked out our windows and viewed for 19 months straight.

Holy crap I have a lot to do to get off this island in a month. Later.

p.s. did you notice that Mia has doubled in size between these posts? Boo-hoo.

2 comments:

Megan and Spanky said...

Love the post a day idea - may start copying you and Abby. Excited that you'll be back soon.

The Filhart Family said...

YAY!!! On to new adventures now.