Thursday, November 27, 2008

Becky Invents a New Word!!! -CORPY (Kor' pee), n., adj, pronoun, verb, and the word PARADIDE (par' a dide)n., 11.26.2008

Becky invented two words yesterday, the first one is Corpy, pronounced Kor'pee. It basically can be used in any grammatical fashion one wants to, as long as it is negative. example usages:

1. Stop being so corpy.
2. Man, that's hard corpy.
3. You corpy.
4. That's habius corpy!!
5. Corpy, come here!

Hopefully this will be in Webster's in our lifetime.

How it started: We were about to enter the Wal Mart in San Antonio, and I was in a mood (surprisingly) and Becky goes, "Why are you so grumpy" and I go, "What is corpy?" So my misunderstanding her came into an invention of a new word. Please Feel Free to use it!!!



Also, last night when Becky stole my pillow to nurse a crying Mia, and I got upset, Becky goes: "Welcome to Parenting!!!" And I go, "What is PARADIDE?!! STOP MAKING UP WORDS!" So my misunderstanding her well, she invented another word...and after some pondering, I concluded that it was a mixture of the words parenting and paradise, with a splash of the word made famous by S. Covey, "Paradigm."

Is my wife a genius or what? She birthed two words within 16 hours, Corpy and Paradide! I love you baby!

Long live Corpy, and Paradide! World, feel free to use 'em. Your welcome Mister Webster.

love,
Davey Baby

4 comments:

The Moore Family said...

Love the words Bec! You are soooo my girl!

Our Paper Plates said...

Oh my corpiness, your post was so paradide. Am I using them correctly? :) Love the new words, love you guys!

M.M.M. said...

Thanks for the hot chocolate maker! What an awesome white elephant gift! You didn't think you were getting it back, did you? Now I am all paranoid about my blog thanks to Dave. I don't want people to think I am a jerk!

M.M.M. said...

p.s. I wish I could say "Glade" phonetically, instead of "Glaw-day." Thanks Dave.